I have recently started having very dry lips and this is something I’m not really used to, so I started doing a routine in the hopes to keep them looking nice and smooth weather I have lipstick on or not. So for my first blog post on my new blog I decided to share how I manage to do this to give you an idea or maybe a few tips with a added extra of a D.I.Y lip scrub to save you those all important pennies, so I hope you like the post and if you’re interested keep on reading.
Before we get into it one of the main things you will need to do this is some lip scrub now the one I like is by lush and it is the bubble gum flavour this product comes in two more flavours (mint julips and popcorn) and are all priced at £5.50 each you can purchase them here: https://www.lush.co.uk If £5 is too much to spend as it Is quite a bit you can try out my D.I.Y below that’s just like the bubble gum scrub, you could make huge batches of this for little to nothing.
The 3 items you will need to this are:
- Lip scrub
- Soft bristle tooth brush
- Lip balm
- The first thing you want to do is make sure your lips are clean then adding your lip scrub of choice with your fingers to your lips you can do this step with wet or dry lips, I normally have dry lips when I do this.
- Use the baby tooth brush to gently scrub your lips. If your lips aren’t that bad feel free to do this step with your fingers. My bottom lip is the worst so I scrub the bottom one the most.
- Once you feel you have done with scrubbing wipe off the remaining sugar that’s left on your lips with a damp cloth.
- Finally to finish apply your favourite lip balm to keep moisturised, do this as often as possible even when you’re not scrubbing your lips. The lip balm I use and recommend is the eos lip balms they come in different flavours and are the best for conditioning your lips and lasing a long time before having to re apply, I bought mine in the states but I do believe you can now buy them from TopShop and Amazon.
Here is my step by step guide to a D.I.Y bubble gum lip scrub.
- What you’ll need:
- Sugar – white or brown
- Oil – olive oil or coconut oil
- Flavour of your choice – I’m using bubble gum
- The first thing you will need is a bowl or some container if you plan to keep it for a while, fill this with as much sugar as you need.
2. Mix in your olive oil / coconut oil add just enough to make it wet but not runny just so that its slightly clumpy.
3.This step is up to your own preference if you with it needs to be slightly more sticky ad a small drop of honey to help with this.
4.The 4th and final step is to add the bubble gum syrup again not too much as you don’t want the mixture to be too runny. If you don’t like bubble gum or don’t have this syrup some other flavors you could used are vanilla, mint, orange any flavors you like or have in for baking will work.
Check out my full video of this on my YouTube now lillexy2k7: www.youtube.com