When i went travelling last year i wasn’t sure what to take in my first aid bag id never needed one and thought i still wouldn’t need one, proving myself wrong on every possible occasion showing just how much of a clumsy cluts i can really be now means i know what i would be taking on the next trip!!!
So for my last trip i got a cheap basic first aid bag from the £1 shop came with x1 of everything some mini scissors and tweezers bits like that and i would recommend getting a small cheap basic one as a base just so you do have a few bits if needed. I went out and bought a few extras and added them in the bag too but knowing just how many times i fell over in the space of 2 months i would add a few more things to the mix next time.
First aid items i would say are a must especially if your prone to falling like me are:
- plasters of all sizes and waterproof if possible
- bandage plaster dressing the large square things (at least 2)
- sterile water
- alcohol wipes/antiseptic wipes (Lots there only small)
- some sort of anti septic cream
- cotton wool or sterile cloths (just a bit to clean items using water)
Tablets and things that you would need are pretty obvious but just make sure to pack at least a strip in your first aid bag there not always any good when sat in the hotel room:
- Congestion tablets (good for on the plane)
- Allergy/Hey fever tablets (good to help stop itching from bites)
- Some cold and flue tablets or capsules are always good just in case going from hot to cold all the time
To keep all this in i would recommend a clear plastic zip bag or a bag that states its a first aid bag just so people know (like security)